EDGE Simulcast TEST SALE Instructions
Important things to have set up first:
- The test buyer is registered properly in the AMS and EDGE Pipeline, and their buyer access is setup properly in Pipeline Admin
Your test buyer (usually your auction dealership):____________________________________________________
- The test seller rep is registered properly in the AMS and EDGE Pipeline, and their seller access setup properly in Pipeline Admin
Your test seller (also usually your auction dealership):________________________________________________
- Access to the Pipeline Admin site
Your Pipeline Admin users: _____________________________________________________________________________________
- Build the Pipeline/Simulcast Event to test (use can build a specific test event in Admin or use a future real-sale event)
We use (circle one): a test event / a future real sale event
- Test sale date built in the AMS
Our latest test date: __________________________________________________________________________________________
- Test vehicles are registered for the test event
Our test vehicles:
Test Seller Number
Year, Make, Model
Details (floor, light, etc)
||1900 Test Car
||1900 Test Car LT
||1900 Test Car EX
||1900 Test Car
1. Log into the Pipeline Admin site from your simulcast clerk PC.
2. Go to Operations > Sale Manager and select the Sale Event date to test from the drop-down.
3. The event lanes will appear. For each Lane you want to test, click the black bars/green arrow icon. This will Build the Lane (send the vehicles to simulcast).
4. Once each lane shows that it's built, new icons will appear.
5. Click to open the icons:
Streamer - a new browser tab will open, click the Start Streaming button to start streaming. Keep this tab open and go back to the Sale Manager browser tab.
Marquee - a new browser tab will open with a selection of marquees to choose from. Select the desired marquee, configure/position if needed, then go back to the Sale Manager browser tab.
Clerk - The clerk screen will appear and the Clerk Login window pops-up in front of it for entry of sale-specific information. Enter your AMS user name and password. Enter the clerk and auctioneer initials. Be sure to select the correct physical lane number and sale date or the program will give an error when attempting to sell the first car. If testing with a future sale date you must select the correct date from the drop-down menu.
6. After logging in, you will need to Start Event before the test can begin.
7. From a different PC or laptop, attend as a buyer. Login to www.edgepipeline.com. From the dashboard page, change the URL from www.edgepipeline.com/dashboard to www.edgepipeline.com/dashboard/future. Find the auction on the calendar and click Attend, follow the prompts and access the simulcast. The buyer attendee should see video, hear audio, and be able to interact with the clerk for all purchasing functions. (The URL is a version of Pipeline used specifically for simulcast testing, it is not the real site)
8. From a different PC or laptop, attend as a seller (NOTE: you can use the same computer to attend as a buyer and a seller but you MUST use a different browser for each Pipeline account used).
Follow the same steps to login as with the buyer. The seller attendee should see video, hear audio, and be able to interact with the clerk for all selling functions.
9. Go through and test each element, whether it be Bidding, Repping, Clerking, printing BOS, IF sales, etc to make sure that all aspects work.
10. When testing is complete for a lane, click the Stop Event button on the clerk screen and the Stop Streaming button on the Streamer screen. Then close all screens. Continue on to the next lane and repeat steps 5-10.
11. When you are completely done testing for the day, in the Sale Manager click the black bars/blue arrow to tear down each lane.
12. After the Pipeline event has been ‘torn down’, move all test cars from sale to inventory in the AMS and destroy all printouts (BOS, IF sheets, etc).